Happy New Year!
Yes, I’ve been a little silent on my blog all December. The rush of the holidays finally came creeping upon me and I had to get everything ready for Christmas and our trip to visit our families in New York. Quite honestly, this holiday season felt quite overwhelming and I was more in a rush than ever.
So let’s “celebrate” with my first posting and first card of the year.
I have found that I really enjoy participating in the card challenges offered by many of my fellow bloggers. For this card, I decided to play along with Case Study Challenge #122.
Windy Robinson was December’s Muse and this quite elegant and simple card is the last she is sharing for the challenge:
Here is my interpretation:
I used different aspects of her card: the colors purple and gray, the flourish and the main card panel. I don’t often use the color purple to color my images so I was quite up to the challenge. I decided to use one of my neglected floral stamps as the main focal image. This was colored with Prismacolor pencils. To add more depth to the flower, I added black microbeads to the center. Once dried, the flower was adhered to card panel with dimensional stickers. To finish it off, I stamped the card panel with a graph-like background stamp and a flourish stamp. The panel was also layered with gray cardstock which was then adhered to the card base. And that’s it!
I hope your New Year is off to a good start!