And today is my turn to share my faves from it. I’ve been loving the dies and the gorgeous flowers that are abundant in this new release. I have two cards to share that also showcase the new blackboard stamps. I wanted to try a few new tecnhniques (at least to me) using different paint mediums. So, let me go ahead and share.
Here’s how I created the card. I first created my background. I first primed a piece of Bristol paper with gesso. I then brushed strips of color using arcrylic paint to create an ombre effect. To transition from one color to another, I just mixed a little of each color to blend in. Once completely dried, I die cut Interlocking and adhered it to a card panel that fit an A2 card.
I then stamped the sentiment using black ink. The image was then fussy cut. I then added jute twine around my card panel in the area where I would add my sentiment. I adhered my sentiment with dimensional foam to the card panel and then added enamel dots for interest. Finally the card panel was added to the card base.
Here is my second card:
Here is how I made this card.
On a separate piece of cardstock, I stamped the flower image Hollyhocks (4376K) with black ink. I colored selected parts of the flowers with Prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut the images. I set that aside. I then stamped the sentiment, Chalkboard Friendship (40-316) and then cut it out as well.
I then created my background. I’ve had Tim Holtz Distress Paint in my drawer all year and really wasn’t sure how to use it. Well, after making my first card, I thought I would finally try. Using 2 shades of green Distress Paint, I painted directly on the background stamp Fronds (40-314). I mixed the 2 colors in a few areas of the stamp. Once painted, I sprayed the stamp with water. I then stamped directly on my card panel (of Bristol paper). Once dried, I added Distress Ink on the edges of the panel to unify the whole image.
To finish the card, I added pink ribbon to the center of the card panel. I then added the panel to the base. The chalkboard sentiment was added and then I added the cut flowers on each side of the sentiment using dimensional foam.
I was really pleased of how both cards turned out. Sometimes, I have a hard time conceptuallizing how the cards in my mind and these 2 were done in just one day – which is quite a achievement for me!
I hope you visit the Penny Black blog the rest of the week for more inspiration.