I’m squeezing one more card before May comes around. That was fast!
I love making little scenes. So I couldn’t help create a water scene with this scuba diving Mimi…
How cute is this Mimi swimming with her fish friends? Here is how I made my card:
- On Bristol paper, stamp scuba Mimi image from clear set Adventures (30-370) with black Versafine ink. Add clear embossing powder. Head to set.
- Color Mimi and the 3 fish with watercolor markers. Fussy cut the images and set aside.
- On a Bristol paper panel, slowly add and blend hues of blue Distress Oxide Ink with a ink blending tool. For this card I used Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, and Peacock Feathers.
- Using a brush applicator, add small circles of darker blue using the Dotlets stencil (25-007) over the panel.
- Splatter water using a wet med. size paint brush. Once that was dry, lightly spray the entire panel with clear Perfect Pearls.
- Die cut the panel using the 2nd. die from the set, Antique Frame (51-397).
- On a black cardstock strip, stamp the sentiment from Happy Snippets (30-358) with Versamark Ink and white embossing powder.
- Assemble the card. Add Mimi to the panel using dimensional foam tape. Randomly add the fish directly adhering them to the panel. Do the same with the sentiment strip adding towards the bottom right.
- Adhere the panel to the card base using foam tape.
Until next month!